Date: Sunday 13th July 2014
Run for Migraine
Did you know that eight million people suffer from migraine in the UK? No other neurological condition affects so many people. The Migraine Trust is working to raise awareness of migraine and support sufferers, however, we are a small charity and need your support to continue this work. By taking part in the British 10K 2014 you will help us to raise much needed funds and you will also help raise awareness amongst your friends, family and colleagues.
If you would like to take part in the British 10K 2014 then why not apply for one of our guaranteed charity places? The Migraine Trust’s guaranteed charity places are free and all we ask in return is that you pledge to raise at least £250 in sponsorship for our charity. To apply for one of The Migraine Trust’s places simply complete and return our application form. Places are assigned on a first come, first served basis taking into consideration the strength of applications.
When completing your application form please think hard about why you want to run for The Migraine Trust and how you will reach your sponsorship target. For more information please email our Fundraising Team or call 020 7631 6977.
Alternatively, You can purchase your own place for £50 via the British 10K website. Included in this price along with your place are:
- Official 2013 British 10k technical moisture management t-shirt
- Chip timing
- SMS text of official race finish time within 90-120 minutes of crossing the line
- Official race photo
- Finisher’s medal
- Commemorative certificate with your name and race number (downloadable)
- Official four colour event programme including other special offers/discount vouchers (to be advised)
- 20% discounts to central London attractions/museums/eating out for up to six people
Please do get in touch with our fundraising team if you do purchase your own place and want to fundraise for us and we will provide you with all the same resources and support as our own place runners. For more information about purchasing your own British 10K place please visit the official British 10K website.
If you choose to run the British 10K for The Migraine Trust then we will send you a fundraising pack and provide you with fundraising support to help you reach your sponsorship target.
Reasons to enter
- Join over thousands of runners on the streets of London for one of the UK’s most popular 10Ks
- Take on a personal challenge
- Run for charity – raise awareness of migraine and The Migraine Trust
- Free Migraine Trust running vest and fundraising support from our fundraising team.
Worried that exercise might make your migraine worse?
You might be worried that physical activity could make your migraine worse, as many people have noted exercise can be a trigger for migraine. However, research suggests that moderate aerobic exercise can have a therapeutic effect on migraine possibly reducing the frequency and severity of migraine attacks.