AHS announces the availability of up to 10 “Frontiers in Headache Research” Scholarship Awards for the 2016 Scottsdale Headache Symposium, November 17-20, 2016 at the JW Marriott Camelback Inn in Scottsdale, AZ.
Winners will receive complimentary meeting registration and are eligible to receive a stipend up to $1,000 for reimbursement of expenses for hotel, travel, and meals not provided during the Symposium. Winners will also receive a one-year AHS Trainee membership if not already a member of AHS, or a one-year extension of their existing AHS Trainee membership.
Criteria for selection are based on:
- The quality of the research proposal/project.
- The potential for the proposal, study or thesis to contribute to the advancement of knowledge and future research in the field of Headache Medicine.
- Be a Headache Medicine Fellow, Resident and or post-doctoral fellow who is in preparatory, active or completion phase of a basic or clinical research project that is related to headache or cranial nociception.
- Not have won an AHS scholarship within the past 2 years. Past winners within 2 years are not eligible to apply.
- Reside in the United States or Canada.
- The top three selected will be required to present their proposal or results to attendees at the 2016 Scottsdale Headache Symposium on Friday, November 18, 2016 from 3:30pm – 4:00pm.
- All other recipients will be required to submit a poster for display at the 2016 Scottsdale Headache Symposium
Applicants must submit the electronic application and all supporting materials as detailed below no later than Friday, August 26, 2016.
- Online application form, including:
- Two-page summary of their current or proposed research
- Letter of recommendation by a training director, department chair, or AHS Member
- Disclosure of financial relationships form